About Bison ULtra
Bison Ultra is an Ultramarathon organized by KaysFIT Academy, founded by Kannan Sundararajan, a.k.a Coach Kay, also the Race Director.
Bison Ultra is a tough trail running event, with steep up/down gradients, for regular amateur runners to serious ultramarathon lovers. With two distance categories, 50k & 25k, Bison Ultra offers an opportunity for everyone to experience this beautiful ultramarathon.
The challenging Bison ULtra route is designed to take you through scenic private coffee plantations, green wooded forests, and innocent village roads.
Bison Ultra is for everyone
The most challenging race category with perfectly suited for someone who can crack a full marathon < 5:50 hrs
For the regular half marathon runners planning to start ultramarathons, experience ultra-difficult terrain. Sub 3 hrs half marathon mandatory for qualification. Still, a challenging course with 1053m elevation gain and 889 m drop
Why should you run the Bison Ultra?
Bison ULtra provides an opportunity for runners across the world to come and experience many unique things such as,
- Designed for everyone, especially the first time trail runners
- A beautiful souvenir T-Shirt
- become the #ULTRAmalaivasi (the Ultra Mountain dweller, Malaivasi – மலைவாசி in Tamil)
- supported by dedicated volunteers, a passionate organizing team & sponsoring partners to provide a “WOW” experience to runners
- focuses on the safety of the runners as a topmost priority. Only experienced runners are allowed to enter the 90k, 60k & 30k under strict qualification guidelines, first-aid & CPR trained volunteers, medical team support with AED kit, bike marshals, and HAM volunteers.