The fourth edition of Bison Ultra 2023 is scheduled for 4-Jun-2023, Sunday – registration is open now
Groups are invited!!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Having executed the first two editions with only 45 runners, Bison Ultra 2023 will be limited to 130 runners.
- You will get the best attention from the organizing team and the volunteers and don’t you agree that sometimes small is more beautiful?
- Access to large sections of private coffee estates, otherwise inaccessible to many, home to some of India’s finest coffee, fruits, and spices.
- You will be running through some of the greenest sections in the world and surrounded by various shades of nature. You can have a lonely tryst with the birds & the animal kingdom and find many quiet moments to meditate and rejuvenate your soul.
- The running terrain is located at an elevation of 3600-4600 feet, and the ultra distance (up to 50k) runners will experience climbing up and down over approx. 1000 meters. Every direction you take will ensure you are constantly challenged. Take a break at regular intervals to admire the breathtaking scenery. Hey, remember! there is a cut-off rule to get the personalized medal.
- You and the rest of the Bison Ultra runners will stay at Last Shola Cottages, Heavens Ledge Campsites in Tents, and Srinivasa Lodge & Resorts (located 5-7 km from Last Shola) – we may add additional properties t this list.. Thousands of trees and plants surround these locations. It will be a grand opportunity for you to strike a friendship, have a loud laugh, and engage in the most favourite runner-boasting conversations about your marathon achievements and travel experiences or much more than that.
- The combination of chilly mornings and a bit warm and humid daytime makes the trail ultra more challenging for the first-timer.
- And much more…
The 4th edition is scheduled on 4-Jun-2023, Sunday
Registration start: 1-Jan-2023
Registration end: 10-May-2023 or when all tickets are sold.
Please scroll down to the bottom of the page
The registration fee will include entry to the trail event and a one-night accommodation, including dinner, lunch, and breakfast.
Apart from this, all the finishers within the cut-off time set will get a finisher medal.
All runners will get an event Souvenir T-Shirt.
Your entry ticket includes race entry and accommodation in one of the properties listed below.
- The Last Shola Cottages (the Ground Zero, Expo and Start location). Also, the location for your lunch/dinner.
- The Heavens Ledge Campsite Tents (Finish point, ~1.5 km from the Start). Race day post-run breakfast will be served here.
- Srinivasa Resorts (approx 6 km from the Start)
These hotels will allow you the following,
CHECK-IN ON 3-Jun-2023, SATURDAY, 12 pm
CHECKOUT ON 4-Jun-2023, SUNDAY noon for 25k; late checkout allowed for 50k runners; talk to the property manager while checking in
The best way to arrive at the event venue will be by your personal vehicle.
There are limited government & private buses available.
- Government bus: 7.45 am Yercaud Nagalur, Semmanatham (Srinivasa Resorts is nearby), orange bus stand (walk to Last Shola ~3 km)
- Government bus: 11.45 am @Salem… Yercaud, Nagalur, Semmanatham, Orange bus stand
- Government bus: 3.00 pm from Salem to Sengalaththupadi via Last Shola, arriving at 5.00 pm
- Government bus: 5.10-5.10 @ Last Shola, Yercaud to Salem
- Private bus Salem MSNV (Muthu): 3.00 pm @ Salem, 4.30 Yercaud, 5.00 Semmanatham (last stop) 5.15 pm return
- Taxi or Auto from Yercaud to Last Shola or Srinivasa Resorts Rs. 500-1000 approx.
Date: 3-Jun-2023, Saturday
The Bison Ultra expo will be a casual gathering of all runners and will be held at the Last Shola Gazebo area.
4.30 to 5.00 pm: BIB Distribution
5.00 pm to 5.45 pm: Evening tea/coffee followed by race briefing delivered by Coach Kay, the founder/race director of Bison Ultra.
This is a MANDATORY session for all runners and will have a lot of information about the race, any last-minute route-related changes and safety announcements.
Your entry and accommodation package include
If you are a 25k runner:
On Saturday: Lunch, Evening Tea & Dinner (served at Last Shola Cottage)
On Sunday: Breakfast @ the Finish (served at Heavens Ledge)
If you are a 50k runner
On Saturday: Evening Tea & Dinner (served at Last Shola Cottage)
On Sunday: Breakfast @ 25k, Lunch @ Finish (served at Heavens Ledge)
You can bring your family members if they are 18+ and also participating in the Ultra Marathon. We have limited slots available for this event.
Bison Ultra is a friendly trail ultra that would challenge first-timers (marathoners & half marathoners) to attempt their 25k and 50k in tough hilly terrain and hot weather conditions.
- 25k: One official half marathon completed after 1 Aug 2022, must submit the completion certificate or link for evidence
- 50k: One official Full Marathon completed within 5:50 hrs completed after 1-Aug-2022, , must submit the completion certificate or link for evidence
50k: 8 hrs 30 mins
25k: 4 hrs 30 mins
Note: The cut-off time is only for the finisher medal – the course for the 25k is open till the last 50k runner finishes… we will not sweep the 25k runners (unless someone asks). The 50k runners will be swept if they are on the course & running beyond the cut-off time.
- Bison Ultra 2020, Pre-Race Day experience
- Bison Ultra 2020, Race Day, Start & Finish
- Bison Ultra 2020, Route & Trails
You will share the twin sharing bed with another runner
A total of 3 runners will share one room, two on twin sharing beds, and one person to stay on the floor with a proper mattress
INCLUDES one breakfast, one lunch, one dinner
CHECK-IN ON 3-Jun-2023, SATURDAY, 12 pm
CHECKOUT ON 4-Jun-2023, SUNDAY 12 pm for 25k; late checkout allowed for 50k runners; talk to the hotel folks while checking in
We have a few rooms reserved for women runners only
Early check-in or late checkout subject to room availability
|Tickets purchased before 15-Feb-2023 (Early bird discount Rs. 400)||Rs. 3500/-||Rs. 3200|
|From 16-Feb-2023||Rs. 3900/-||Rs. 3600|
18% GST extra + applicable card & platform charges
Accommodation & Food
|Event Accommodation & food (dinner, lunch and breakfast)||Amount|
|Option A – Last Shola Cottage, on cot||RS. 3300/-|
|Option A – Last Shola Cottage, on a mattress||Rs. 3200/-|
|Option B – Heavens Ledge Tents||RS. 3300/-|
|C – Srinivasa Resorts||Rs. 3000/-|
12% GST extra + applicable card & platform charges