The fifth edition of Bison Ultra 2024 is scheduled on 4-Feb-2024, Sun – Registration is open now!
Frequently Asked Questions
The 5th edition is scheduled on 4-Feb-2024, Sunday
- The first four editions were executed with an average of 48 runners with a primary focus on providing the most amazing experience for runners.
- Bison Ultra 2024 will be limited to ~100 runners.
- You will get the best attention from the organizing team and the volunteers, and don’t you agree that sometimes small is more beautiful?
- Get access to the most mesmerizing private coffee estates, otherwise inaccessible to many, home to some of India’s finest coffee, fruits, and spices.
- You will be running through some of the greenest sections in the world and surrounded by various shades of nature. You can have a lonely tryst with the birds & the animal kingdom and find many quiet moments to meditate and rejuvenate your soul.
- The running terrain is located at an elevation of 3600-4600 feet, and the ultra distance (up to 50k) runners will experience climbing up and down over approx. 1000 meters. Every direction you take will ensure you are constantly challenged. Take a break at regular intervals to admire the breathtaking scenery. Hey, remember! there is a cut-off rule to get the personalized medal.
- You and the rest of the Bison Ultra runners will stay at Last Shola Cottages, Heavens Ledge Campsites in Tents, and Srinivasa Lodge & Resorts (located 5-7 km from Last Shola). Thousands of trees and plants surround these locations. It will be a grand opportunity for you to strike a friendship, have a loud laugh, and engage in the most favorite runner-boasting conversations about your marathon achievements and travel experiences or much more than that.
- The combination of chilly mornings and a warm and humid daytime makes the trail ultra more challenging for the first-timer.
- And much more…
Registration start: 1-Oct-2023 @ 12.00 pm
Registration end: 31-Dec-2023 or when all tickets are sold.
Please scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the registration fees.
- The registration fee guarantees your participation in the race if you meet the qualification requirements.
- Bison Ultra 50k & 25k finishers within the cut-off time set will get a finisher medal.
- All runners will get an event Souvenir T-shirt.
- Event day photos will be shared with you through our photo aggregation partners at additional & nominal rates.
Place of stay
- The Last Shola and Heavens Ledge are highly-rated properties in the Gowri Estates where Bison Ultra is organized.
- The Last Shola Cottages (The Bison Ultra start point is located closer to Last Shola)
- The Heavens Ledge Campsite Tents (Also the Bison Ultra #ultramalaivasi Expo & Finish point venue, ~1.0 km from the Start). Race day post-run breakfast and lunch will be served here
See the Accommodation Options section below to learn about your check-in and check-out times.
The best way to arrive at the event venue will be by your personal vehicle.
There are limited government & private buses available.
- Tamil Nadu State Government operated buses:
- 7.45 am Yercaud Nagalur, Semmanatham (Srinivasa Resorts is nearby), orange bus stand (walk to Last Shola ~3 km)
- 11.45 am @Salem… Yercaud, Nagalur, Semmanatham, Orange bus stand
- 3.00 pm from Salem to Sengalaththupadi via Last Shola, arriving at 5.00 pm
- 5.10-5.10 @ Last Shola, Yercaud to Salem
- Private bus
- Salem MSNV (Muthu): 3.00 pm @ Salem, 4.30 Yercaud, 5.00 Semmanatham (last stop) 5.15 pm return
- Taxi or Auto
- from Yercaud to Last Shola or Srinivasa Resorts Rs. 500-1000 approx.
- from Salem Railway Station or bus station: please write to email@example.com to learn more.
* The information published is only for reference; details may vary depending on the transport services provider’s schedule.
Day : Saturday (pre-race day)
The Bison Ultra expo will be a casual gathering of all runners and will be held at the Heavens Ledge.
4.00 to 5.00 pm: BIB Distribution
5.00 pm to 6.15 pm: Evening tea/coffee followed by race briefing delivered by Coach Kay, the founder/race director of Bison Ultra.
This is a MANDATORY session for all runners and will have much information about the race, any last-minute route-related changes, and safety announcements.
If you are a 25k runner:
- On Saturday: Lunch, Evening Tea & Dinner (served at Last Shola Cottage)
- On Sunday: Breakfast @ the Finish (served at Heavens Ledge)
If you are a 50k runner
- On Saturday: Evening Tea and dinner (served at Last Shola Cottage)
- On Sunday: Breakfast @ 25k, Lunch @ Finish (served at Heavens Ledge)
You’ll need to comply with the accommodation rules to use the above food arrangements.
You can bring your family members if they are 18+ and participating in Bison Ultra.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Bison Ultra Qualification Requirements
- 50k: 9 hours
- 25k: 6 hours
No finisher medal will be awarded for those finishing outside the cut-off time.
50k Qualification (one of the below):
- Completed 50k Bison Ultra 2023
- Completed any full marathon (within 5 hrs 50 mins) after 1 Jul 2023
- Completed any other ultramarathon >50k after 1 Jul 2023
25k Qualification (One of the below)
- 25k Qualification (one of the below):
- Completed Bison Ultra 2023 (50k or 25k)
- Completed any full marathon after 1 Jul 2023
- Completed any Half Marathon within 3 hrs 30 mins after 1-Jul-2023
To learn more… visit event rules, terms, and conditions.
- Bison Ultra 2020, Pre-Race Day experience
- Bison Ultra 2020, Race Day, Start & Finish
- Bison Ultra 2020, Route & Trails
- Bison Ultra 2021, Pre-Race Day Experience
- Bison Ultra 2021, Race Day, Start & Finish
- Bison Ultra 2021, Route & trails
- Bison Ultra 2022, Expo
- Bison Ultra 2022, Finish
- Bison Ultra 2022, Start
- Bison Ultra 2022, Race Day up to 5k
- Bison Ultra 2022, Race Day Part II
The photos of the Fourth Edition of Bison Ultra will be shared on the OneGlint platform. More details on how to access the photos will be shared after the event.
- Bison Ultra runners must book accommodation at the Last Shola Cottages or the Heavens Ledge Campsite.
- Limited accommodation slots are available, and they will be allotted on a first-come-first basis. Additional charges may apply to access the venue if you decide to stay elsewhere (or after the accommodation quota is exceeded). This is decided by the Heavens Ledge/Last Shola management.
- The estate owners decide the accommodation + food or the entry fee, and the Bison Ultra organizing crew or anyone from KaysFIT Academy does not interfere in the registration process.
- All runners must comply with the resort rules, booking terms, and conditions.
- Accommodation bookings will start from October 4, 2023.
- Visit the accommodation page to learn more.
Bison Ultra Registration fees
|Entry Fees (INR)*|
|With early bird discount|
|Bison Ultra 25k||3900||4500|
|Bison Ultra 50k||4300||5000|
|*18% GST extra + applicable card & platform charges.|
Bison Ultra returning runners (who have run the event in the past can avail of an additional 10% loyalty discount, valid on tickets purchased on or before 31-Oct-2023; write to email@example.com to learn more.
- Your Bison Ultra entry ticket is non-refundable. You are allowed to transfer to another runner identified by you before 31-Dec-2023
- Do not register if you are not clear about the event rules. We encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify any doubts before buying your entry ticket.
- Read and understand the Bison Ultra event terms and conditions and accommodation rules here
- Please write to email@example.com if you want to make direct bank transfers or have any queries regarding group registrations.